Apr 12, 2007

Turning Point

When I started to high school I had a pretty much healthy and wealthy family. I was planning to take the university entrance exam on 11th grade and become an elementary school teacher. But things have changed very dramatically during my high school years and it became my turning point.
First, my father got sick and had to stay in bed for four months. Since he could not work we were having financial problems. Instead of helping my father my uncle, who was working with my father, choose to ignore us. I had to spend a lot of time helping my mother at home. I needed to take care of myself, my little brother, and my two little sisters. After all, I was not studying enough for the university entrance exam and I was frustrated with all these. I did not want to take the exam anymore; my friends made me to. Unfortunately, I could not score enough to be a teacher; I had only enough score for two-year colleges. It really was not what I wanted, so I preferred marriage to college. Those sad moments became turning point of my life. I think, my story looks like the character in the Snake Dance.

6 comments:

Noel said...

I found your paragraph to be very interesting and very impacting to your life. I found one mistake.

When I started high school, not,
"When I started to high school".

Yura said...

Hi Nesrin, I agree with you that your turning point is similar as in "Snake Dance"
However, there is one difference that this story from book isn't real but yours real, and this is sad for me.

harpreet said...

you have to correct the spell of chose.

MURHAF said...

hi nisren ..... i like it its very interesting ,,,,,,, when i started to high school ,,, it should be when i started my high school .. preffered marriage to college . it better if u say i preffered to get marry than to finish college..

Greg said...

Hi Nasrin I really like your paragraph about your turning point, it is very interesting . I found similar things as in class story “Snake Dance”. Check your spelling and punctuation.

JOEP said...

Hi!
Your pargraph is very touching me, but you need to write clear sentence. that is: so I preferred marriage to college.
Sivarao.