May 2, 2007

How to communicate withouth words?

In everyday life we communicate with people or we can read them without words.
For example, we can read their faces just by watching them.
If we see a couple in the park with white hair, walking slowly and holding each other’s hand, we assume they have been living together harmony.
In the same way we could read them based upon the way they dress. That shows us their occupation, wealth, or character.
If you see during the week a man dressed in suit and carrying a suit case, you may believe he works in an office or he might be a business man.
If somebody is dressed in white or blue, that person may work in a medical field.
If someone’s clothes are stained with a great combination of colors, he or she must be an artist or house painter.
Seeing a well-dressed lady with expensive jewelry, you assume she must be very rich.
Seeing a boy who is dressed provocatively, you could read from him that he might have some problems.
He wants some attention from people.
What you wear outside on your body shows what you have inside in your heart.

Another way of communication could be body language, voice, touch.
My son is not able to talk because he is 19 months old, but I have understood him from the birth.
After birth he cried, saying with that “Everything is ok, I’m here.”
After then a little while, he started to yawn; mom, daddy “The show is over, I’m tired, I take a nap.”
Also the first smile is so important for every parent. He said to me with that smile “ I know you”
The first hug, the first kiss “Mom, Daddy I’m here for you. I love you!” –everything had a meaning.
Now he knows a few words, but in his communication still dominates a non-verbal communication in an advanced form.
Now when he is tired, he starts to rub his eyes and yawn, telling that “I want to sleep.”
When he wants me to comb his hair, he points to his hair.
When he wants me to put perfume on him, he shows his neck and this is enough for me.
My son likes to go outside. When he brings my husband shoes, this means “let’s go for a walk!”

If a young girl is interested in a young boy, instead of telling him, she may say it with a smile and eye contact.
For the first impression, people don’t need words.
A smile an eye contact, nice clothes, a good perfume and a romantic place where they feel comfortable is more important for a young couple than a lot of unnecessary words.

In daily life we could not exist without non-verbal communication such as eye contact, smile, body language, how we dress. These are all part of our lives.

No comments: