Apr 7, 2007

Turning point

Like in Jerry's life from the "Snake Dance", turning point in my life was when I found myself a few thousand miles away from my family.
In 1999 I left everything and everybody what belonged to me, only contact with them was the telephone. After two weeks I married with the man who is my husband and who helped me accommodate to the American lifestyle.
In contrast with my former life everything has changed. I had to learn a new language and accustom with driving in U.S.A. I started to work in factory what I have not done before. Like every beginning was hard and challenging, but I got over it.
I did not lie to my parents about me like Jerry just I did something similar I have not said the truth. The truth was that, after almost each phone conversation I cried. Not because was something bad in my life just I missed them so much and with telling this I do not want to make their life harder. My parents suffered and cried a lot in first year too.
Sometime everybody makes decision which cause turning point in our life.

1 comment:

Luz said...

I like reading your story.
Check your spelling "After tow weeks"...After two... "Some time"...sometime
Good luck!!!